Pass side window popping out of holder

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Titus

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The bar that holds the window in place and sorta clamps down on the window, it keeps popping the window out. There's a glue substance in there that pressed against the glass and the metal clamp, the window slides out of that. I've noticed that the clamps need the be at an angle in order for the window to slide in. Now the bar that the clamps are on are on a ball joint allowing for this angle to happen, but each time I bring the window down, I notice the window popping out. Any solution? Thank You!

JUST4FUN

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
do you think it could be out of the window track in the door?

OP
OP
T

Titus

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That I don't know, when I bought the expedition the window motor didn't work, it was held up by tape. So I had to figure out how to do it (FYI I hate rivets now) and took everything out and put it back in. All the holes lined up correctly and the motor goes all the way up and down, but when it gets towards the bottom it pops out. Maybe since I used bolts to bolt in the motor on the door frame, I tightened it too much and it's giving it that angle?

Last edited:

JUST4FUN

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
that is a possabilty. take the panel off and watch it go up and down . look for binding

seeker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
hate rivets

learned a little trick with rivets from a friend.
drill the things out and use same size bolt and
locking nut. works very well 98% of the time.
plus if the job has to be repeated down the road
the repair time is shortened.

aod92

Reaction score
I was also having window problems with my 99 Expedition. The glue the holds the window on the channel just gets weak and breaks from the window. You have to remove the window, clean the 2 channels, and glue it again. I had a buddy of mine do it, who is a glass guy so that is probably the best way to go!