Permanent disable front parking aid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Plati

Reaction score
when ours does the erratic beep at stop lights. i have found maybe glare , but then realized dead bugs on the sensors
This is (one reason) why IMHO self driving cars are not going to happen. Of course WAYMO just put in an order for 62,000 Chrysler minivans ... so ... we'll see.

OP
OP
Muddy Bean

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My truck is almost never gunked up. Wash it often. Still has issues. I like the beeper disable idea. Think I’ll go that route. faa8799b345ada6ce64f563d405da00d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Linksvu

Reaction score
Ever find a solution for this? Just bought a '16 with the same issue. I would love to completely disable it.

HawkX66

Semper Fi!
Reaction score
Hawk, what did you do with your front sensors with your front bumper install?
Unfortunately nothing yet. I need to extend the sensor harness and then mount the sensor holders. I'll post up when I've done it. Depends on time...

Linksvu

Reaction score
I found a solution, or at least one that has worked for me. I found these: https://www.amazon.com/Ranch-Hand-USCBP-Sensor-Cover/dp/B01N543CIO

They work. Since I put them on, the front sensors have not gone off and these is no warning signal. Not sure what exactly they do, but it is a great solution for me. True, they are not the best looking since they just stick on top of the sensor, but for my setup with a front grill causing the front sensors to go off all the time, this has been a solid option for me.

Scott Carden

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Actually this is not just a ford issue. ALL vehicles do this intermittently and the systems cannot be turned off in programming BMW has a huge issue with this. The sensors will collect moisture and dirt in the as they are not sealed well and they malfunction. Spray them with a little WD-40 and wipe them off. It helps displace moisture for a little while. Some fords you can pull a gray plug up by the brake pedal to disable the system. I am going to unplug the sensors at the bumper on my king ranch because my brush guard keeps setting it off

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zanwahwarden