PermaSeal Tire Imbalance/Vibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

e3edro

Reaction score
Dealer added item PermaSeal Tire Puncture Sealant
I purchased a new 2023 Platinum 4x4 with 65 miles. The next day I went on a 600 mile road trip. Within the first few miles I noticed a steady vibration coming from the front passenger tire at 70mph. At 80mph the vibration increased and shook the entire vehicle. I backed off and blue cruised at 68 the entire trip with little to no vibration.
The day after returning from my trip, I brought the vehicle to the dealer. The dealer tells me that the cause of the vibration was determined to be the PermaSeal Tire Puncture Sealant. This was a dealer added item that looked to be on each Platinum vehicle on the lot. The dealer removed the PermaSeal from all tires, rebalanced and said they will be issuing me a refund for the cost of the PermaSeal. Later that day, I drove on the interstate and got it up to 80mph with no vibration and a smooth ride.
Anyone else have a similar experience with PermaSeal?
permasealglobal.us

GaryH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is permaSeal anything like the green Slime they sell at Walmart and auto parts stores?

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Perma Seal is known to cause that issue. There have been a few topics about the vibration at 70mph. Each time it was tires with Perma Seal added to the tires. It does tend to gather thicker when the vehicle tires are hot then parked.