2023 Limited Vibrating at 80mph

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's been posted several times that some new vehicles had Perma Seal installed in the tires, which can cause serious vibrations, at speeds over 65mph, due to accumulation of the gel in one area. The fix reported was to swap the wheels and tire with ones that do not have the flat repair Perma Seal installed.

Scooter455

Reaction score
Hi All,

i know its illegal to drive at 80mph or above and it does not happen often, but when the flowing traffic is over 80 on a 70 limit the new 2023 Limited with less than 1000 miles on it is vibrating. I can feel it on the steering and the floor.

Went to the dealer Sheehy Ford Gaithersburg and they said they cannot test anything more than 65mph and below 65 its fine. So they are not going to fix anything as they cannot replicate it.. What happens if this vibration slowly starts popping at lower speeds in the future?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Do what i did and you drive the car with the tech. I had the tech grab the steering wheel and he could feel it. But they still didnt fix it said they road forced balanced and said it was road sensitivity from the 22" wheels. Just short of chocking this SOB - i told him he was an idiot and i went to another dealer and they are working on it

VCFP153

Reaction score
Vibration is one of those things that is very subjective, so what may feel like "a lot" to one person may feel like "nothing" to another. People also have different expectations, it's not necessarily logical to expect a vehicle as huge as an Expy to ride a smoothly as, say a Lexus LS.

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 2007 navigator vibrated at high speeds over 65mph. Road force balancing fixed the issue