2023 Expedition high speed vibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tfconstruction05

Reaction score
Looking for some help here. We just purchased a 23’ Expedition limited and after just 1500 miles the ride quality is absolutely garbage. It’s been to 2 dealers since, both of which say it rides to spec. The vibration is the worst at highway speeds, 75-80. I’ve heard they have issues with the driveshaft but both dealers have said they cannot feel the vibration. (Both dealers tested on back roads only). I’ve been taking videos and even order vibration sensors so I can document what we feel. Any info on noise and vibration specs would be helpful as well.

josephzac

Reaction score
@tfconstruction05 Any progress on resolving this issue at your end? I'm facing the same issue on 2023 limited model with less than 1500 miles on it so far. Ford Dealership is of no use.. they even refuse to test anything happening over 65mph...
wondering why @Ford4x4 @Ford Family even have a speedo with 100mph on it, if it cannot be driven over 65mph?

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I decided to get a road force balance on my nav in anticipation of a road trip this upcoming wknd. So far I like the results. I do need to lower the tire pressure though.

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@tfconstruction05 Any progress on resolving this issue at your end? I'm facing the same issue on 2023 limited model with less than 1500 miles on it so far. Ford Dealership is of no use.. they even refuse to test anything happening over 65mph...
wondering why @Ford4x4 @Ford Family even have a speedo with 100mph on it, if it cannot be driven over 65mph?
The issue seems to be Ford dealers install tire flat sealer in the tires, which seem to cause a vibration at 65+mph. Replacing the tires fixes the issue. some dealers will swap out your wheels and tires, others won't.

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looking for some help here. We just purchased a 23’ Expedition limited and after just 1500 miles the ride quality is absolutely garbage. It’s been to 2 dealers since, both of which say it rides to spec. The vibration is the worst at highway speeds, 75-80. I’ve heard they have issues with the driveshaft but both dealers have said they cannot feel the vibration. (Both dealers tested on back roads only). I’ve been taking videos and even order vibration sensors so I can document what we feel. Any info on noise and vibration specs would be helpful as well.
It's been asked and posted solutions a few times in previous posts.
Almost every time this happens, it is caused by the new vehicle having had the tire flat sealant installed in the tires, and the sealant collects in one part of the tire, throwing it out of balance. Once the tires were swapped out, the vibration is gone. I'm not saying this is your issue, but it is worth looking into.

Ellison Brown III

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Unless you live in Texas, or I think Iowa (and any other cool state with a 75mph speed limit) that speed range you mentioned isn’t highway speed; it’s just speeding.

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score

I had the same issue with my 2022.
The tires needed replacing and rebalancing. The first dealer tried 4 times and replaced 8 tires no charge. Didn't fix the issue. Turned out their machine wasn't calibrated perfectly. Took it to another shop they did a road force at higher speeds and used the light vehicle tolerance and it's much better. Even slight variations with these wheels can be felt. I did not have any issues with leak sealer applied, none of my sets had it installed.