PO156 Code!! Help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98expy98

Reaction score
Hello! i am new to the forum. Its been SUCH a help already!

okay, so i bought a 1998 expedition xlt 4.6 about two weeks ago. the CEL was on, got the codes off, and saw that it was one of the CO2 sensors, So i ran down to the parts store picked one up and threw it in. cleared the codes and everything went well. About 10 miles later the CEL came back:flame: So i checked the codes and yet again it came up P0156 Bank 2 Sensor 2. I crawled back underneath and double checked that it was tight and that the plug was securely in its home, in which it was. So the code is still on and i replaced the sensor as it said it needed replacing. I have also noticed that it has a very slight vibration at idle with a small amount of acceleration. Not sure what to do next and i am hoping to suck some knowledge from you fellow expy enthusiasts. Thanks In Advance :help:

B

bedrck46

Just to make sure as I have noticed some confusion as to which side is Bank 1 and Bank 2
Passenger or Driver side.
Which side did you change??

OP
OP

98expy98

Reaction score
NO WAY!! I called my local ford dealership, and the parts manager assured me it was the passenger side :killer:

B

bedrck46

seems as if you doubt me Google it and see what comes up at least double check