Power issue on 2017 Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OldFart

Reaction score
Went to start my Expedition today and got nothing. No lights, no clicking, nothing. We're out of state visiting family so I went to get a charger to see if I had accidentally left something on. Left it on charge for 6 hours and went to start it and everything came on - interior lights, dashboard, etc. - and as soon as I turn the key there was clicking come from the passenger fuse panel but everything else died just as before. After that happens, when I turn the key absolutely nothing happens. The only thing that seems to get power is the cigarette lighter - I can plug chargers into it and they light up and shows it charging devices. Any idea if this is a fuse that has blown that would do this and if so, which one it might be? Any other ideas?

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Went to start my Expedition today and got nothing. No lights, no clicking, nothing. We're out of state visiting family so I went to get a charger to see if I had accidentally left something on. Left it on charge for 6 hours and went to start it and everything came on - interior lights, dashboard, etc. - and as soon as I turn the key there was clicking come from the passenger fuse panel but everything else died just as before. After that happens, when I turn the key absolutely nothing happens. The only thing that seems to get power is the cigarette lighter - I can plug chargers into it and they light up and shows it charging devices. Any idea if this is a fuse that has blown that would do this and if so, which one it might be? Any other ideas?

You have a bad battery and/or loose/corroded battery terminal connectors. I’d bet on the battery. Heat causes more problems with batteries than cold.

OP
OP
O

OldFart

Reaction score
I picked up a battery jumper box so I could get it running and down to O'Reilly's and random lights come on the dashboard but I can't get it to start. There is some corrosion on the terminals so I guess that's it. I was hoping it wasn't because it looks like a harness of some sort rather than the old fashioned connectors I'm used to, and I'm betting that harness is going to be expensive.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I picked up a battery jumper box so I could get it running and down to O'Reilly's and random lights come on the dashboard but I can't get it to start. There is some corrosion on the terminals so I guess that's it. I was hoping it wasn't because it looks like a harness of some sort rather than the old fashioned connectors I'm used to, and I'm betting that harness is going to be expensive.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dcleghorn01