Power Running Boards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jimb726

Reaction score
OK, I have a question, is there a way to get the power running boards to stay extended with the doors closed? I live in Ohio and I would really like to clean mine but its obviously tough to wash with the doors open.

Thanks,
Jim

rexster314

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I handwash my Expy. Before I wash anything, I open one of the doors then push it back, not all the way. I use my brush or microfiber pad to swipe the boards, then rinse them. Then I close the door all the way. The only way you get water in the cabin is if it's running from the roof.

spotdog14

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OK, I have a question, is there a way to get the power running boards to stay extended with the doors closed? I live in Ohio and I would really like to clean mine but its obviously tough to wash with the doors open.

Thanks,
Jim
If you are stopped you can go into the message center and have them deploy. I do this whenever I am about to go through the car wash to make sure they get the walked on part of the running board.

atmasters

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Cycle threw your message center and find the "Power Running boards" It will say Auto, Out or Off just select Out.

jglopic

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If someone is willing to test it, try opening one door (front or rear) then standing on the running board in front of the other door while closing the open door. All the aftermarket systems use this method to deploy the board with the doors closed. You can then open and close a door to reset the board.

Of course, changing the option in the Setup menu works too!

spotdog14

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If someone is willing to test it, try opening one door (front or rear) then standing on the running board in front of the other door while closing the open door. All the aftermarket systems use this method to deploy the board with the doors closed. You can then open and close a door to reset the board.

Of course, changing the option in the Setup menu works too!
I have done that before when loading things on the roof, the running board just stays deployed until you get over 10 mph or something along those lines and then either retracts or attempts to retract.

Greenzo

Reaction score
Cycle threw your message center and find the "Power Running boards" It will say Auto, Out or Off just select Out.

I have a 2016 Platinum and when I select "out" it always retracts and flips back to "auto". Sometimes it won't even let me select out. It seems like a glitch....any ideas?

B-McD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have found when washing the truck that if you open and close a door, step on the board right as it starts to retract. It redeploys and stays like that while you finish washing. Re-open and close the door and they go back to normal.