Power Steering Leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

muskytom

Reaction score
Hi All,
Was looking through the threads on the topic, but seem to be quite old so starting a new for 2022!

Have a 2013 Limited, lost power steering and appear to have a leak on top of the cooler/condenser, however on the driver's side. Older posts call out the passenger side and that the top 2 rows of the condenser are for the trans cooler (and PS I imaging?).

Too cold and rainy last night to have a good look, but I can see the fluid has pooled on the top of the condenser and the hose on the passenger side is loose.

Based on what I've read and some diagrams I've seen, appears that the fluid loops through the cooler on the passenger side and bottom of the unit? Given the location, hoping it's just a hos and that the inlet/fitting on the condenser didn't let go.

OP
OP
muskytom

muskytom

Reaction score
Correction - passenger side looks to be OK with limited visibility:

Too cold and rainy last night to have a good look, but I can see the fluid has pooled on the top of the condenser and the hose on the DRIVER'S side is wiggle-loose.

Motorcity muscle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not sure how many miles on your truck but you could remove the power steering lines from the existing cooler and add an after market unit. Going to be expensive if the cooler is part of A/C condenser or the radiator.

Logan97

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Had a similar leak and had to replace my condenser, luckily I was in the middle of replacing my radiator when I found the leak.

OP
OP
muskytom

muskytom

Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses! Turned out to be just the line; crimp let loose on the metal to rubber transition.

Dennis_H

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses! Turned out to be just the line; crimp let loose on the metal to rubber transition.
May want to change other crimp also. Mine did that and about 6 months later the other side had the same issue.