Powertrain, Occupant, and Body control module errors related?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
While idling in a parking lot on a 90 degree day in my 2018 Max Plat 4x4 w/HD tow, I noticed my AC stopped blowing cold. I immediately noticed the engine temp had crept up (but not dangerously high) so I checked and realized I was low on coolant (which has never happened before) but stuff like that is to be expected since I'm at nearly 90,000 miles. FYI, it never showed the Check Engine Light or similar. I topped it off and was fine for a couple weeks then I checked again just to be safe and noticed it was low again, but not as low as last time. Either way, there's obviously a leak and possible more issues so I took it to my local garage who I really like and trust (not a dealership).

My local guy said there's a small leak at the elbows in the transmission cooler line along with three error codes in the Powertrain Control Module (pic attached) for Engine Coolant Over Temp, Active Grill Shutter Sensor, and Coolant Pump A Control Circuit Performance/Stuck Off. They also showed me two other error codes they retrieved for seemingly unrelated modules: Occupant Classification System Module (Lost Communication with Seat Control) and Body Control Module (Intrusion Sensor). I dismissed those as unrelated, and my guy said not necessarily. He said that sometimes seemingly unrelated modules can affect each other or maybe one module failing is causing problems downstream to others. He made sure to emphasize he wasn't saying that WAS happening to me. Just that it CAN and DOES happen, and seemingly unrelated module errors shouldn't be dismissed out of hand.

Has anybody encountered this before? Also, since I have the CPO warranty through Ford and powertrain is good for 100,000 miles, then this should be covered if I take it to a dealership, right?

Thanks in advance for any insight you all can provide!

Error codes.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M Bennett