Pre-collision assist sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Texag83

Reaction score
First time post. This forum has been terrific in helping me keep our 2019 Expedition XLT in good shape. Thanks so much.

Recently my wife bumped the front end. Not much visible damage but immediately the pre assist collision sensor began working only intermittently. And then it stopped working at all. This issue also knocks out the cruise control. A mechanic friend said the sensor is out of alignment but it will take a trip to Ford to hook up to their computer diagnostics. We can't seem to even locate the sensor on the bumper area. Would you have any suggestions for how to troubleshoot or an estimate for what the repair will cost? Much thanks.

Attachments

• 6BF38196-EE4B-48AC-8A1D-0A0FDCEAF221.jpeg
    6BF38196-EE4B-48AC-8A1D-0A0FDCEAF221.jpeg
    89.8 KB · Views: 23

sjwhiteley

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looking from the front, to the left (passenger side). There’s a black grille, then towards the ends it’s filled in. The drivers side is non removable, the passenger side is. There’s a radar sensor behind that.

The plastic piece should pop out with a screwdriver or trim removal tool (it is tight, though).

(I get the same error, specifically because I had to move it to add the pusher bar. Cruise can be reenabled through the forscan software).

To get it aligned, there is a procedure, but yes a ford dealership should be able to do it correctly, assuming it’s just misaligned, hopefully not damaged (however, if it’s been hit, they will most likely want to replace it - I think the part even says do not use if dropped).