Previous owner installed LPG conversion. How to revert to stock?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YenloWang

Reaction score
So the previous owner installed a LPG conversion, this was back in 2008 or so when the gas prices here were way out of this world. Fast forward 10 years up to today, auto LPG never made a comeback. Since i have no use for it, i would want to return this engine to stock and was wondering how to go about with it. Only had 60k kilometers, so probably 39k miles.

The setup. Injectors were bored through the manifold.
20230811_073202.jpg

The thingamajig. Red goes to the injectors. Blue comes from the engine. What is that part and how can i remove the hose? Engine bay is so hot on that side, which is another reason i want to remove the lpg system.
20230811_073216.jpg

Close up
20230811_073210.jpg

Also, heater core tube's been removed. Can i plug these? When thermostat is set high enough the cabin smells of outside air.

20230811_073240.jpg

Old Dog

Reaction score
Wish I could help with some info. I never read anything like this so I’m going to follow this thread.

OP
OP
YenloWang

YenloWang

Reaction score
It's probably the cause of my p0420 and p2272 that's why i want to remove it. I'll check the cats too and if it's really bad would just delete it. Anything just to bring the temps down.

bodabdan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When you discharge an aerosol can the can gets cold. When an lpg/propane regulator uses liquid fuel, the regulator will get cold as the liquid fuel flashes off to vapor.
Because of this there are usually coolant lines running to the regulator so it doesn't freeze.
Without seeing your setup, it's going to be a matter of-
Return coolant lines to stock configuration- (your Heater core has been disconnected entirely)
Return fuel lines to stock configuration-
Remove components that carry LPG-
Uninstall any tuning that was installed to facilitate LPG.
Uninstall any aftermarket wiring related to the regulator, tank, etc.
I know that's a little vague but it's difficult to go into more detail without seeing the complete installation.