Problems with bambi mode

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
L

Longtalltechsan

Reaction score
Several of us have notifications set for many areas of the site. I would have seen it and answered!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Gotcha. Well if you need to move then do so by all means. I don’t mean to ruffle any feathers. This forum has been a wealth of info.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes I did save the settings and got things reverted to stock with no problems. I was just curious if anyone else had experienced this before. I’ll keep tinkering with it and see.

But yeah I figured I’d go through one setting at a time and figure out which one it was that was causing the issue.

Mine is a 2017 XLT.

Definitely do all things that involve Sync 3 one at a time. After the coding is applied, reboot Sync by holding the power button and next Track Button. See if the one change you did had the desired affect and then move to the next one.

Curious about Bambi mode. Is yours a Canadian vehicle or US? That coding is pretty straight forward and should not be affected by any other coding other than having the fogs off completely.

OP
OP
L

Longtalltechsan

Reaction score
Definitely do all things that involve Sync 3 one at a time. After the coding is applied, reboot Sync by holding the power button and next Track Button. See if the one change you did had the desired affect and then move to the next one.

Curious about Bambi mode. Is yours a Canadian vehicle or US? That coding is pretty straight forward and should not be affected by any other coding other than having the fogs off completely.

Will do and thanks for the info. I actually hadn’t seen the part about holding down the power button and next track button at the same time. I’ll try that and do each one individually.

Yeah and maybe I just missed the Bambi mode or didn’t fully cycle the vehicle off. I thought that would be one of the easiest to do. It’s a US expedition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Will do and thanks for the info. I actually hadn’t seen the part about holding down the power button and next track button at the same time. I’ll try that and do each one individually.

Yeah and maybe I just missed the Bambi mode or didn’t fully cycle the vehicle off. I thought that would be one of the easiest to do. It’s a US expedition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It should be an easy one. Something else is going on.

OP
OP
L

Longtalltechsan

Reaction score
Well I think I got the bambi mode working. I think it was most likely ******* error. I didn’t mess with the apim settings for the theme and stereo tonight.

One other issue I ran into the other day was when I was trying to change the number of blinks on the turn signal when signaling for a lane change was that it would change the number of flashes but when I would put on the turn signal to make a turn the signal would not go off after the turn. I had to turn it off manually. Once I went back to the stock configuration it went away. Ever seen that?

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well I think I got the bambi mode working. I think it was most likely ******* error. I didn’t mess with the apim settings for the theme and stereo tonight.

One other issue I ran into the other day was when I was trying to change the number of blinks on the turn signal when signaling for a lane change was that it would change the number of flashes but when I would put on the turn signal to make a turn the signal would not go off after the turn. I had to turn it off manually. Once I went back to the stock configuration it went away. Ever seen that?

Yeah, it is actually a pretty common side effect on some Fords. Let me see if I can find the code you need to change to fix it.