Problems with the 3.5L Turbo Engines 2015-17???

Should we start demanding a 4 door Bronco right now?

• Hell Yes!!!

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • I like the new 2018+ "Expedition" (Giant over priced Ford Flex)

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • You should buy a 2015 Scion xB.

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

08navigator

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm a Ford guy too, my dad and my grandfather. Grandpa was a Ford mechanic and service mgr for 30+ yrs. He called Chevy a "bucket of bolts" and said he kicks himself often that he didn't buy mustangs when they first came out when his cost was $250!

I have found similar experience as you in the full size ford suv "game". Having owned a 04 Excursion 6.0 and now 2 Expeditions, build quality and comfort feel seems skimped on, like the Expeditions have been Ford's "red headed step child" for a Long time. I saw a (2014?) F150 King Ranch with the leather all over the dash, door panels, pillars, full steering wheel wrap, etc (might have been a custom job). Nothing even close to that on Expy, why not? Especially as sales continued to fall and they keep increasing the price. I mean, how much does it really cost to add 6 sq.ft. of leather to some surfaces to justify the $65k+ price tags?!?

Rant Over.
It's funny to me that my 2014 Ford fusion titanium has touch sensitive door handles to lock and unlock the car as well as rear auto up and down windows but the 2015 Lincoln navigator that cost three times as much has none of that. It's just odd to me. Oh well. It's a beautiful truck so I hope it lasts us a long time

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's funny to me that my 2014 Ford fusion titanium has touch sensitive door handles to lock and unlock the car as well as rear auto up and down windows but the 2015 Lincoln navigator that cost three times as much has none of that. It's just odd to me. Oh well. It's a beautiful truck so I hope it lasts us a long time

Its called "behavior modification", and its a result of the Feds mandating fuel economy. It is no accident that the biggest (and naturally, the most expensive) vehicles are lacking in certain doo-dads and gadgets. The purpose is to cause the exact feeling you expressed above...'why am I paying more for less?'. Over time, folks will stop paying through the nose for under-equipped expensive vehicles, with their options then being the crappy miniature cars being massed produced right now....that also comply with fuel standards. The big vehicles will always be around, but those will become what they really are...working trucks, not soccer delivery vehicles.

Everyone thinks the "Cross-overs" are for people who are thinking of moving from a car to an SUV. Its the exact opposite. Its for people who want an SUV but can't find one with all the goodies that doesn't cost $80k.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score

And I’ll bet your car has individual tire pressure dash readouts, unlike my 2015 Ford Expedition Limited - which only turns on one orange light if any tire pressure is low.

OP
OP
TDGFordGuy

TDGFordGuy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think what we all really wanted from Ford was something like this:

raptorexpy1.jpg
e7ee84499b592a09f5292984bb443483.jpg
deebe435324a0cd8ea3c08d2f47cb205.jpg

Instead we get this FX4 for $70,000!!!! WTF Ford?!?! Talk about destroying brand image....
18Expedition-FX4_06_HR-1.jpg

...or, if you can bend over and spread your cheeks really far apart, Ford might drive this up your @%$ for $85,000... Say it with me, "Just build a 4 Door Bronco!" Hell, Jeep made a 4 door Wrangler....
maxresdefault-2.jpg

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think what we all really wanted from Ford was something like this:

Seriously, you would think the lesson would have been learned on the Mustang. The market wanted Mustangs, not something called a Mustang, or Mustang II, or SVO, or something that sorta resembled a Mustang. It took 30 years or so, but they finally got it.

At least the Bronco looks like it has some off-road bones as compared to the Chevy Blazer.

Mrs. Bobmbx has spent the last 2+ weeks looking for something to replace her Mountaineer, and she stated to me that "they all look the same". I chuckled.

"They are the same", I said. Thats the way Uncle Sam wants it.

OP
OP
TDGFordGuy

TDGFordGuy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Seriously, you would think the lesson would have been learned on the Mustang. The market wanted Mustangs, not something called a Mustang, or Mustang II, or SVO, or something that sorta resembled a Mustang. It took 30 years or so, but they finally got it.

At least the Bronco looks like it has some off-road bones as compared to the Chevy Blazer.

Mrs. Bobmbx has spent the last 2+ weeks looking for something to replace her Mountaineer, and she stated to me that "they all look the same". I chuckled.

"They are the same", I said. Thats the way Uncle Sam wants it.

So you didn't care for this 4cyl "Mustang"? I believe the same type of CEO is running the company now as back then. Couldn't agree more with your Mrs' statement.

Screenshot_2019-09-22-18-15-04-1.png

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for the Pics of the various trucks....but this thread sure has veered wildly off course!

A couple of those trucks pics look nice, a couple only to be driven by someone who hasn't had their first beer or been laid regularly yet ...LOL

Sorry girls, I didn't think you were sexy when I was a kid, still don't....too fake.

My truck runs great @ 75K....and still gets me excited if I choose to stomp it and honestly, even though its a pig at nearly 6,000 pounds, it is one of the best vehicles I've driven at communicating what's happening in a corner. Who da thunk that you can drift an expedition easier than a fusion? I've driven both on the same corners....the fusion could go faster but it took a lot more effort....mental effort to do it....the expy is a "toss & hold" deal....so predictable and smooth and I can switch my turn signals while hanging it out....

Maybe I need new tires?

jeff

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
Sorry, Jeff, Jacquelyn Smith was the second most beautiful woman in the world in that era. No one ever found the most beautiful. :)

Gotta love big hair. But the heavy metal bands all had big hair too.

5.0 Fox body Mustang notchback lacked the fastback styling but could be easily made into a very quick car.

-- Chuck