projector headlights anyone?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrazndead

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thinking of getting a set of thesehttp://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=380619880648&index=4&nav=SEARCH&nid=22966551541

Anyone have them? Pics?

$T2eC16ZHJHEFFl2ts+kIBR,(WMIKQw~~60_3.jpg

JTKustoms

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I installed similar ones in my friends f150, he got rid of them shortly after because they had really poor light output. Just something to consider

Jeff532003

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Those are LED angel eyes not HID. I'd look for a set of true HID angel eyes or get some the LED strip ones without the angel eye and add your own HID's. As stated above LED do not emit enough light to work well. Last I knew LED bulbs where not approved by the DOT as headlights. Fine as running, signal and break lights though.

JTKustoms

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Those are LED angel eyes not HID. I'd look for a set of true HID angel eyes or get some the LED strip ones without the angel eye and add your own HID's. As stated above LED do not emit enough light to work well. Last I knew LED bulbs where not approved by the DOT as headlights. Fine as running, signal and break lights though.

The led in these are basically just running lights, not sure if you thought they were the main light source or not. The ones he posted are projectors, they use a normal halogen bulb but because they're low quality they have poor aiming and light output from what I have seen. Plus many of those, unless otherwise stated by the manufacturer, aren't safe for hids because of the heat

Last edited:

Jeff532003

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The led in these are basically just running lights, not sure if you thought they were the main light source or not. The ones he posted are projectors, they use a normal halogen bulb but because they're low quality they have poor aiming and light output from what I have seen. Plus many of those, unless otherwise stated by the manufacturer, aren't safe for hids because of the heat

I didn't notice these ones are even cheaper than some of the others by using halogen. The new big thing on eBay with the Chinese projectors is they're using LED bulbs in the projector as the actual headlight instead of halo or HID. It's not legal but then none of these lights are as they're not DOT approved. They put out terrible light output though. Couple of the guys on the motorcycle forum I'm on got burned buying them.

Sent from my bagphone using Tapatalk 2