puddle light woes!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

jk21

Reaction score
Sounds like you might have an SSV or XL expedition with the interior/puddle lights turned off?
hi. i am not so sure about that. i think it is just a normal eddie bauer short wheel based 4x4 expedition.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
Again, you are describing a common problem with some LED replacement lamps. Get rid of them before troubleshooting the circuit. It will make your troubleshooting easier.

OP
OP
J

jk21

Reaction score
Again, you are describing a common problem with some LED replacement lamps. Get rid of them before troubleshooting the circuit. It will make your troubleshooting easier.
i tried trouble shooting it with the non led bulb. the outcome is the same - the same problem with the LED. so having said that, i don't think that the LED bulb is the problem.

i will try replace the dimmer switch since the interior lights are not dimming - and all my interior lights are NON LEDs.

dome light in the cargo area is not functioning properly too. the only time the light turns on is when you put the button to the "on" position. it doesnt go on even if you open your doors.

DeafBringer

Reaction score
Run the vin on a decoder please. It might be an SSV or XL. Either one are typically used for fleets/public service and will oftentimes have dark mode activated.

OP
OP
J

jk21

Reaction score
Run the vin on a decoder please. It might be an SSV or XL. Either one are typically used for fleets/public service and will oftentimes have dark mode activated.
Screenshot 2023-09-04 at 8.04.31 PM.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-04 at 8.18.48 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-04 at 8.18.48 PM.png
    180.3 KB · Views: 10