Puddle lights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
what bulb is the puddle lights anyone know ?
Pretty sure you have to buy a whole lift assembly as they are encased in the plastic housing. Check out daytime brightlites. They have really good aftermarket LED ones. Had them in my 2016 for two years now

mquick5

Full Access Members
Reaction score
what bulb is the puddle lights anyone know ?
My guess if you have one out, is a loose connection. Like I found on my 2017. I bought a 05 suburban in 08 and never had a puddle light go out yet on it. So I thought it was strange when the 17 expy had on side out.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score

duneslider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do yourself a favor and buy these: https://drivebright.com/shop/v4-extreme-led-puddle-light-pack-brightest/

I and a bunch of others on here did it and they are amazing. Really a shame ford doesn’t go LED from the factory on these.

Here’s the pertinent bread with a bunch of before and after pics...mine are in Post #15.
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=20862&share_tid=34964&url=https://www.expeditionforum.com/index.php?threads/LED-Puddle-Lights?.34964/&share_type=t

The 2019's are all LED from the factory. At least I assume that since my base XLT has LED puddle lights.

duneslider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What!?!? Well I’m glad as the regular bulbs on the 2018s were a joke.

I couldn't figure out what all the complaints were about the puddle lights because mine were so bright. I just figured people were whiners. Then I checked it out and realized mine had LED lights. I test drove 2-3 other 2019's and the puddle lights all seemed the same brightness when I was at the dealer.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The 2018 puddle lights are the same puddle lights that are in my wifes 2013 Flex. She never even KNEW there were puddle lights on the car, because they were so dim you could never even tell they did anything. I put these aftermarket LED's in it now, and it lights the whole garage up at night, its nuts! She loves it now!

I'd BET these aftermarket LED's are much brighter than the 19 factory LED's, because these are pretty impressive! I bought 3 sets for each of my 3 fords with these. :)

duneslider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The 2018 puddle lights are the same puddle lights that are in my wifes 2013 Flex. She never even KNEW there were puddle lights on the car, because they were so dim you could never even tell they did anything. I put these aftermarket LED's in it now, and it lights the whole garage up at night, its nuts! She loves it now!

I'd BET these aftermarket LED's are much brighter than the 19 factory LED's, because these are pretty impressive! I bought 3 sets for each of my 3 fords with these. :)

Probably are but the ones on the 2019 seem more than enough to do the job, no complaints on my part.