Pulls right when braking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just did this on mine, it seems the threads aren’t the greatest coming out of where ever they are made. Just be prepared to re-tap them if it doesn’t plug right in. Hopefully you’ll get a good one though. I ran 1/8” pipe thread in about 2 threads and that’s all it took to clean it up. Press the brakes and crack the bleeder, if it flies out under pressure the line is collapsed.

Plati

Reaction score
Scotty Kilmer wanted to say a few things (always true) on this subject

Dustin Gebhardt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had a pull on my '07 last year after replacing the rotors and pads with EBC products. I also had a stuck caliper, which didn't fix the pulling issue. I eventually replaced the brake lines and the problem went away. Just my experience . . .

mrbadwrench

Reaction score
Many years ago I worked at a dealership. I had some wire coat hangers and bent them to use as hangers for calipers I took off so the caliper never hung by the hose. I was the only one there who did that. Some of the guys would slip the caliper off and let it drop and swing. Follow my example and not those guys if you want the hoses to last.

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Many years ago I worked at a dealership. I had some wire coat hangers and bent them to use as hangers for calipers I took off so the caliper never hung by the hose. I was the only one there who did that. Some of the guys would slip the caliper off and let it drop and swing. Follow my example and not those guys if you want the hoses to last.
But don't they go bad on their own?

Plati

Reaction score
But don't they go bad on their own?
Sure they can go bad on their own, just like my girlfriends son. It wasn't her fault. But Mrbadwrench is absolutely right about being protective of the hoses. Some people use clamps and clamp them off too, right? Not a good idea either. The world isn't binary.

RichardH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nope...no leaks. Matter of fact, even with this age and mileage, the engine, transfer case, transmission and differentials are complete dry and oil/dirt free on the outside. But not so clean that it appears the entire underside was pressure washed.

I hope you can take a joke... JM

If the engine, transfer case, transmission and diff are completely dry, I'd add fluids as soon as possible. Surprised it has not locked/seized up.

:drink_nl: Hey, it's my birthday soon and I'm starting early. :emotions33: (I know what you meant tho)

I do now notate you mention on the outside...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max357