Question on panels on either side of 3rd row seat Expy EL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rcanfiel

Full Access Members
Reaction score
basic question on panels on either side of 3rd row seat Expy EL (with the cupholders).

Is there a simple way to remove these temporarily (without breaking or scratching them). Obviously not in the owner's manual...

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Your right Not in the owners manual But the procedure is in the service manual You should get a copy

OP
OP
R

rcanfiel

Full Access Members
Reaction score
FWIW - this site claims to have free downloads of owners manuals and workshop manuals for different years of Expeditions.

https://manuals.co/workshop/ford/expedition

There are other sites where you can download repair manual PDF for a few bucks (just search on Repair manual Expedition + the year).

Last edited:

drokmofo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
To remove the 3rd row interior panels you have to remove all kinds of ish. The rearmost cargo area sill, the upper sill, the seat belts, as well as the floor board for the cargo area. Probably more that I have forgotten.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
basic question on panels on either side of 3rd row seat Expy EL (with the cupholders).

Is there a simple way to remove these temporarily (without breaking or scratching them). Obviously not in the owner's manual...

The cupholders? Yes.

The panels? Sure....but they got stuff under em that could get banged up if you plan to run cargo mode with them off

Removal tool: nylon prybar trim puller

20170307_000411.jpg Source: replaced all interior plastics in my SSV with cleaner EB stuff

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
To remove the 3rd row interior panels you have to remove all kinds of ish. The rearmost cargo area sill, the upper sill, the seat belts, as well as the floor board for the cargo area. Probably more that I have forgotten.

Oh yeah thats true

Seat belts are easy though, get the right torx (t50 or t55 i forget) and a ratchet or power tool and theyre out in moments

Expy interiors are VERY easy to disassemble, you can strip the entire car out in probably an hour if you know what's where a d dont go slow on account of being squeamish.... btw its all surprisingly durable. I'm usually awful clumsy and even I didnt break anything