radio/wipers electrical problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jabert

Reaction score
I found threads about similar problems with newer Expy's but nothing about 1st generation. Maybe I've just missed them. Anyway, I hope someone can help.
A while ago, on a cold rainy day, my windshield wipers stopped working. The radio went out at the same time. I thought it might be a blown fuse, but all fuses were okay. Next time I started the car, everything worked fine. I read that the car is prone to water leaking into the fuse box, so I dried it out thoroughly with a hair dryer.
All went well until recently. It's happened several times, in perfectly dry, warm weather. It's a puzzle to me that the radio and wipers should be inter-related somehow, and what's even odder is that they will come back on of their own accord five or ten miles down the road.
Any help is greatly appreciated. I can do without the radio, but not the wipers!