Raining coolant

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
aeorn

aeorn

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip on the water pump. Coolant flooding stopped.

1000001085.jpg1000001087.jpg

OP
OP
aeorn

aeorn

Reaction score
I found a new leak unfortunately. Much smaller. Can anyone tell me what this part? how big is this gasket job?

1000001093.jpg

engineer1

Reaction score
Be prepared when you remove the intake manifold that you may find more than a gasket issue. My '03 EB had the same leak, but I discovered the gasket is more of a formed O ring seal that sits in a channel molded into the plastic manifold. My manifold had cracked/broken so it no longer contained the seal. I cleaned up the damaged area very well, put some mold release on the old seal and put it back into the channel as a mold. I was then able to reinforce it with some steel (paper clip), and epoxied it with JB Weld. After it cured I installed a new seal, liberally added silicone rubber sealer, and bolted it together before the rubber set up. It seemed to have worked. Much less expensive than a new manifold. Good luck.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire