Random chime/beep when turning right

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
My 2021 has started to randomly beep if I turn right. Not the proximity warning. Some other type of chime. No warning lights. LKAS is working fine. Any ideas?

HtownHog

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Door sensor misaligned? Causing a door to “pop” open and alarm?

OP
OP
NickInTheValley
Reaction score
I think you were right. I opened and then solidly closed the front passenger door. Sound went away.

HtownHog

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think you were right. I opened and then solidly closed the front passenger door. Sound went away.
I had a door hinge loosen on my 2 year old Kia stinger. Passenger door would pop/rattle when opened. Since I rarely am the passenger in my car it took forever to track down and realize the issue. It caused an ever-so-slight misalignment to the door sensor when someone in the passenger seat leaned on the door it started chiming door ajar.

TDBDLB

Reaction score
Yep - had an Explorer that would “flex” in curves at high speed and hear road/wind noise get louder. Adjusted door strikes and would fix for awhile.