23 Platinum Max odd faint beep

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kreutz73

Reaction score
A week into riding my 23 Platinum Max, started noticing this faint beep that seemed to be random but I've actually been able to force it now. the sound is like an old digital watch beep, a single short beep, pretty faint kind of like this.

Here's the odd part, I've figured out I can force it by simply depressing the gas pedal. Even tapping it can make it beep almost every time, accelerating or decelerating, steady speed and at various speeds. I've also noticed it other times but can't pinpoint or repeat it other than when I tap the pedal or if cruise is on and it activates the throttle. I've tried turning off blue cruise, traction control, auto stop/start, even the radio. I can't pinpoint where it's coming from, doesn't seem to do it unless I'm in drive/moving but haven't fully tested that yet.

I've googled but not seeing anything, fingers are crossed at least a few other people have this too. I can only imagine the painful experience I'll get if I take this into the dealer and they don't already have experience with it and know what it is.

a couple of other 'electrical' issues, the heated steering wheel doesn't work, and twice now I've noticed the radio is extremely tinny and sounds like only the center and filler speakers are working, turning off and on again and the door speakers and sub kick back in.

OP
OP
K

Kreutz73

Reaction score
Suspecting it’s not electrical. Even though it sounds like a beep and is always the same quick beep (never different durations) it sounds like it’s coming from the drivers side turbo. There’s a linkage on the assembly and whenever it starts to move that’s when the beep (sounds like a chirp from here) happens.

Attachments

• IMG_4240.jpeg
    IMG_4240.jpeg
    152.5 KB · Views: 18

XpedMax

Reaction score
My 2021 has a long faint beep when I accelerate. Mine sounds like maby some interference with the fly by wire throttle and some part of the sound system but I can't pinpoint it. And it's definitely not turbo wine very distinct odd sound lol this is the only thread I've seen similar to my issue.

OP
OP
K

Kreutz73

Reaction score
is yours louder when you pop your hood and have someone tap the pedal? I thought mine was electronic too but when I went searching it’s definitely coming from the drivers side turbo’s wastgate? linkage, could be bushing squeal or exhaust whistle but definitely coming from there for me and yeah it’s not the distinct turbo spool and whine sound.

XpedMax

Reaction score
I have not tried to pop the hood I was soo sure it was inside but tomorrow I'm definitely gonna have to try that I also haven't tried or I guess noticed it when reving in neutral tho I don't know that I have reved much in neutral lol. Thx for the tip !