Ready lift, Tire and wheel size help?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lickdysplit

Reaction score
Hi. I'm new to the forum. Bought my first Expedition last July, 2018 XLT MAX, Going to order a Ready Lift and replace the factory 18" wheels with 20's. My question is what tire and wheel combo is everyone running? I would like to put 35's under it but don't want to trim a ton. Also what offset should I go with on the wheels. Thank you.

AKentPhoto

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do a search for wheel by the user @Fozzy. He has explained his setup a few times... He is running 20s and the Ready Lift setup. Since you have an xlt you might want to check out the Bilstein setup as well. The upgraded shocks are a big help, especially since the fail rate on factory non acc shocks is... Not what I would call confidence inspiring.

Either way welcome aboard! The search feature is your friend, especially in the beginning... :happy160:

sanman28

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think anything wider than a 295 and you will rub a lot....same goes for more than a big 33".

Last edited:

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. There are a lot of threads on here about the ready lift. Use the search feature and you will be overwhelmed. Long threads and everyone has different likes, tastes and opinions. I have the RL and 35’s. I put the kit on almost new off the lot. Minor trimming at first then the springs settled a little and I started using my Expy on and off road. I have the front and rear of the front plastic trimmed, took the air damn off and trimmed the power steps 3” and I still will rub. In the rear if you stuff the tire into the fender well it will grab the carpet. 33’s seem to be the better option with a +18 offset. I have a +12 and going to a +18 should help. The width gets you more than the hight on the front.
2e6cf0ca4b44da0d1a49febdefa4e3ff.jpg
9eac0d918f2bade54eba692108edd0f4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Richie Hostetler

Reaction score
20200606_203224.jpg On my 2019 XLT 4x4 I used the Bilstein 5100s set at max height but wanted a bit more lift at the front so I added a Rough Country F-150 2" front spacer and backed the front 5100s to the mid height notch. Now I'm at about 2.8" front and 2.25" rear lift. I'm happy with the look and the way it handles and rides. I'm on 18x9 18 mm offset wheels and 305/60-18 Ridge Grapplers (32.4") with no rubbing.

Last edited: