Really bad first post, but...windshield wiper blades?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

barrydu4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I try to keep my windshield as clean as possible. I always use OEM parts. I may be a little **** but the OEM parts were designed to work as designed. I use to do maintenance on equipment and always tried to get the original part from the company.

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Every now and then I'll clean all the outside glass with mineral spirits. It dissolves virtually everything on the glass. Wax, old Rain-X buildup (not sure there is any), road grime and oil, etc.

Seems to work pretty well in improving wiper performance, esp for stopping chatter and streaking.

sscharlie

Reaction score
I've thought about this exact thing for over 10 years and questioned my friends about it(first time here) why some factory bladed can last 8 years and when you put on replacement blades you get 6 months to a year and a half max. I'm sure I've tried every brand I can find. A few months ago I purchased some motorcraft from Rock auto. Will see if they last. I been thinking about trying the UV treatment(or gimmick) on the next set.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I tried the Ford one's once. Didn't last any longer, I got a little less than a year. I mean they still worked, it's just they half way cleaned, leaving water and gunk. Everybody's different on how they like their window. With me and reduced vision in my eyes these days, I need clear vision. $8.00 once a year is cheap.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

Motorcity muscle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Didn't see it mentioned here but clean the blade itself, you will be amazed at the build up that wipes off.

Robert Smith

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I avoid the frame type blades because I live where it snows and they can be a pain. But in Texas you probably don’t have that problem. I saw a guy on You Tube that soaked his new blades in a protectant (Armor All) for 24 hours. Then treats than again once a year. He says it lasts a “lifetime” but it is You Tube. I haven’t tried it yet. Trying to figure out a tray or something to hold them.

lbv150

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We run Anco on everything. On my '16 Expy 91-22 or 31-22 both work well just like OEM, also have RainX treatment on all the glass.

OP
OP
H

HornedFrog

Reaction score
so yeah, with the new windshield, and not even bothering to clean the blades, the factory blades slide like butter. So the windshield was the problem. heh.