rear defrost came off on one side

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

buildingdoc

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Quick story. Had my truck broken into. Smashed the rear glass. Lost about 1000 in tools.... my bad. Got the rear window replaced. Two weeks later and the guy wouldn't warranty when the tab came off. I am very familiar with electronics repair. So I thought I would take a crack at it.

Soldered mine back on but the key to it was have a helper. Had my brother add solder as I held the flat attachment of the soldering gun against the corded end until it was "wet" then pinched the soldering gun between the glass and the tab while adding extra solder. Use a flux core solder to help the solder flow cleanly. I had to do it twice because I didn't hold it until the tab until it was hardened. But it worked and the gun isn't next to the glass long enough to heat it up to crack it.

Soldering is just getting it hot enough to make the metal liquid on both ends on the connections and joining them.

OP
OP
GAINMOB

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I put mine on and it still doesn't work…not brave enough to do the other stuff.

Holy Roller Christian Car Club (HRC3) National Member...

Roman04

Reaction score
I put mine on and it still doesn't work…not brave enough to do the other stuff.

Holy Roller Christian Car Club (HRC3) National Member...

hey FREEWAY,

did you get the tab glued and still not working or did the glue not work?
Mine came off last week and need to fix soon.

thanks

Last edited:
OP
OP
GAINMOB

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hey FREEWAY,

did you get the tab glued and still not working or did the glue not work?
Mine came off last week and need to fix soon.

thanks

yes...i got the tab glue and my defrost still doesnt work...its not coming off and it hasnt come off...i hit the rear defrost and 10 minutes later nothing on the rear window

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gnorman