Rear heated seat switch/button

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kwsutter

Reaction score
I have a 2018 Expedition Platinum. The heated seat button in the rear is stuck and not pushable. The left one works fine, but the right one doesn't "click" when pushed on or off. Once in a while, I can push it just right for the power to connect and the seat actually heats up just fine. But, then trying to find the lucky way to push the button to turn if off is difficult.

I've been searching to find a replacement switch/button, but I can't find the proper part diagram with the part numbers. And, even if I can find the proper part, does anyone have any hints on how to go about changing that switch/button? Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

TXFRDOwner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2018 Expedition Platinum. The heated seat button in the rear is stuck and not pushable. [...]
I've been searching to find a replacement switch/button, but I can't find the proper part diagram with the part numbers. And, even if I can find the proper part, does anyone have any hints on how to go about changing that switch/button? Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

@kwsutter the Service Part Number is: JL1Z-19980-DA

But if you're not trying to spend $400+, just go on eBay and do a search for JL1T-18C612 or LL1T-18C612

WhiteRhino

Reaction score
Is that something that could be an add on to an xlt that doesn’t have existing heated rear seats. I would imagine that if a bought that control switch, the next step would be to get the heated pads and wire them to have power?

TXFRDOwner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is that something that could be an add on to an xlt that doesn’t have existing heated rear seats. I would imagine that if a bought that control switch, the next step would be to get the heated pads and wire them to have power?
+ the rear heated seat module, but other than that, Yes. There shouldn’t be any (Forscan) programming involved for rear heated seats.

OP
OP
K

kwsutter

Reaction score
@kwsutter the Service Part Number is: JL1Z-19980-DA

But if you're not trying to spend $400+, just go on eBay and do a search for JL1T-18C612 or LL1T-18C612
Thank you for the reply!

I ended up taking it in to get an estimate and found out that it would be covered under the Ford ESP. Just had to pay the deductible.

Thanks again!