Rear lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hornblaster29

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Dose anyone no were I can get a 4 in lift for the rear I got 2in spring spacer the go under the rear spring an on top of the alxe im wantin to now go with 4in lift in the back I got 5 in in the front now tryin to get the back high any help wood help been lookin online an getin no were I think its cuz mine is 2wd so dose anyone no how I can get a full 4in lift in the back thanks

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
Hornblaster29, do some looking around. In a lot of cases, you can get the "back half" of a lift kit. That should be fairly cheap as it is mainly just 4 new control arms, 2 longer springs, 2 drop brackets for the control arms, and a drop bracket for the 5th member. I have the Rancho kit on my truck and installing it was pretty easy other than the top bolt on the driver's side for the control arms. But, you can get the Fabtech 5" kit the same way and that will be a 4" lift (the Fabtech kit really is a 5/4 lift, so, you would gain 5" in the front, 4" in the rear, leveling out the truck in the process).

OP
OP
Hornblaster29

Hornblaster29

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I got 3 an a helf lift spend an 2in spring springer in to front now im trin to get the back lever with the front ive look on 4wheelparts.com an only see lift for the 4wd nothin for a 2wdcan I use parts for a 4wd in the rear

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
Horn, yes, you can use the parts from a 4WD lift, you will just need to get slightly shorter springs to not get the back end of the truck up in the air.

Another option since you have a 2wd truck is to get your hands on some 4wd springs (they are about 2-3" taller than the 2wd springs) and then get yourself a 2" spacer. Then all you would need is the longer shocks.

OP
OP
Hornblaster29

Hornblaster29

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I got 2in spears in the back now an procomp 4in life shocks cumin in tomorow will pos pic of what I got on there no when I get off work an tell me what u think an if im goin in the rite path of the way I want it to look so I can get 4wd stock spring an it will sit higher

20002wdex

Reaction score
Just wondering how much lift will 4wd rear springs give a 2wd? and what do I need to do to put them in the rear of my rear air ride expy? it only has rear air ride.