Rear pass door won't open

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dphillips067

Reaction score
I have a 2001 expy and once in awhile my passengers side rear door will not open from the inside(no child lock is not on) and you have to pull hard on the handle. Anyone know what the problem can be?

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
best bet would be when you get the door open take off the panel and look inside to see if something is sticking? also does your door lock move freely.... the motors are known to go bad and not fully unlock...

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
also. the child lock will sometimes turn it self on. try turning it on and closing the door. opening it back up and then off again and closing the door. it helped with mine.

Big Red Monster

Full Access Members
Reaction score
take ur door panel off and check if the rod going from the handle to the latch is bent, mine was bent all i had to do was bend the rod back a little bit and the handle works fine again, this process will take you no more then about 30 minutes, its gonna take more time to get the door panel off then to fix the rod.