Rear shock question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Canaris

Reaction score
I have a 2001 Expedition (5.4 and rwd). I ordered a set of Monroe Rear Sensa Trac Load Adjusting Shocks, but made the mistake of getting the 58633's which are for 4wd applications. Whould they work or not? Although I do not tow stuff, I regularly carry 15 to 20 cases of sodas on a vending route.

Pappy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Pobably????

I just spent a good bit of time researching rear shocks for my '02. I ordered Bilsteins and what got shipped was an old part #. I looked all over the place and what I found was that there are several different part numbers - BUT - it seems they all have the same extended length, closed length, and therefore, the same stroke. I called Bilstein and this was verified. The difference in part numbers is related to diameter and internal valving that determines ride quality. If you have rear shocks that fit a coil spring first gen, they will "fit". The ride and handling may not be optimal, but with 20 cases of sodas the ride is "prolly not optimal" any way.

Call Monroe and see what they say. Don't let them upsell you unless they are eating the cost.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire