Rear strut options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

11henrs

Reaction score
I’ve got a 2017 EL 4x4. Looking for rear coil springs that offer a stiffer spring rate for towing. Has anybody found anything?

OP
OP
11henrs

11henrs

Reaction score
What are you towing?
I didn’t realize I never responded. It’s a 37’ camper. I called coilsprings.com and I’m getting my coils tomorrow and 5100s Friday. I’ll post how it goes this weekend

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Good luck. Make sure you keep the tongue and axle loads within the limits. Usually when people complain about the rear sagging it is because they aren't moving enough weight back to the front axle.

OP
OP
11henrs

11henrs

Reaction score
Good luck. Make sure you keep the tongue and axle loads within the limits. Usually when people complain about the rear sagging it is because they aren't moving enough weight back to the front axle.
In my case ford put 530ish lb spring rate rear springs so even with 860lbs of TW it dropped it 3” in the back. I swapped the 750lb spring rate this past weekend and it made a world of difference. Better control of the extra sway from the independent rear and still a comfortable and planted ride. As for the 5100s. My stock rear shocks are approximately 60mm in diameter. If I remember correctly the 5100s are 46mm so beating or cutting off my factory spring seats wouldn’t work. Does anyone know of any spring seats or perches for the 46mm bilstiens that will work?