Rear sub/amp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JCavett

Reaction score
I just purchased an '01 EB 4x4 Expy and the rear sub/amp is not working. Does the unit have to be turned on? What is the best way to diagnose if either the sub or amp is bad? Any suggestons or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

smo0othride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Use a multimeter to see if anything is comming out of the amp and if not then try the sub output in the rear of the headunit. If that is all reading 12v -14v, then test the sub. To test the sub run some speaker wire from the sub to opposite ends of a 9v battery. Touch the speaker wire to the battery for a second or 2 and if the sub makes a popping noise then it's not blown.

BikeRider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Damn smooth, you are taking my role as audio expert. Slow your roll.

All BS aside, smoOothride is correct.

05spokaneEXPY

Reaction score
I need some audio help...I have an 05, what size speakers are in the front and rear? What is largest sub I can fit in the stock sub location? I was hoping an inifinity Perfect 12 would fit in there somehow. I don't want a box in the back cause I need the cargo space. Let me know if you can help. Sorry, not trying to hijack this thread....

BikeRider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
5x7 in the front and back, there is a tutorial somewhere on here how to take off the doors. A perfect 12 will not fit back there. The largest I've seen is a 10 with some modification.

On a sidenote....most of your mids and highs should come from the front so I would spend the extra cash on just changing the front speakers and amping them. Most audiophiles don't even have rear fill speakers (myself included).

stang99x

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 10 in my 98 Navigator. I think it would be impossible to fit a 12 back there.