Rear Vid Cam Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tehbishop

Reaction score
Hello Everyone - I'm a n00b here, so if this isn't in the right area please move it.

I have a 2007 Expy and just installed the Kenwood DNX-7100. Everything is great except that I want to install the camera module for this and it requires that I tap into a wire to detect when I put the vehicle in reverse for it to change to the rear view camera.

Naturally I don't have a wiring chart and would like any suggestions. Was thinking the rear lights but didn't know how much work it would be to find that wire to splice into.

Thanks,
Bish.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe you could also do the reverse light wire from the towing harness, if you have one of those.

Forgot which wire that was, but it should be listed in your manual.

MadTxn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There might be a reverse wire *in* the radio harness. Go to www.motorcraftservice.com and buy the short term wiring description for $9.95. It'll give you everything you need.

achilles99

Reaction score
Reverse wire under passenger sill plate:

http://www.expeditionforum.com/showthread.php?t=2817&highlight=subwoofer

"If you are installing a backup camera you can find the reverse wire under the passenger door sill plate in the massive group of wires there. The sill plate simply pulls up. There are no screws holding it in place. The reverse wire is green/brown and will show 12V when the vehicle is in reverse only. There are 2 identical green/brown wires in the bundle. I'm assuming 1 goes to each of the backup lamps but I'm not certain so make sure you test before you install."