Rear view camera misaligned?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Interesting. In standard view you get the green/yellow/red lines. On zoom you don't. Via upper left hand corner buttons.

On OP's screen, it looks like he can possibly toggle zoom with the magnifying glass, and maybe toggle guide lines with the other icon. Buttons at the bottom, with no annoying safety message. US spec verses rest of world maybe?

Mines in the rear view mirror, so I'm useless on this thread, but dig the technology.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting. In standard view you get the green/yellow/red lines. On zoom you don't. Via upper left hand corner buttons.

On OP's screen, it looks like he can possibly toggle zoom with the magnifying glass, and maybe toggle guide lines with the other icon. Buttons at the bottom, with no annoying safety message. US spec verses rest of world maybe?

I'm thinking the zoom is to help you when hooking up a trailer. If you look at Jeff's picture is shows a great shot of the ball. The dotted line will help you line up the trailer and then you can see when the hitch is over the ball.

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i know mine is the same....and if i use it exclusively backing in driveway.i end up straight.
pass mirror tricks me to turn slightly
we need drop down in reverse mirrors
but my system in my rv is a superior and i don't need mirrors to back up and align, so i know cars can have it it.
they should have given this last body style the f150 camera with birds eye view

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
we need drop down in reverse mirrors

they should have given this last body style the f150 camera with birds eye view
I had that in my 06 and 09 Mercedes ML350s and it was nice to see the rear passenger's wheels when backing up.

I didn't know about the bird's eye view camera - sounds interesting.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nifty

Anyone know how much a stock one goes for on the part out market?

And what does it require, any ol navigation with display? A rearview mirror with display? Or same year navigation only?

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You've got to take that manual into the Throne room Andy...it's all in there<LOL>....the lines can be removed too in the feature setup....I think they do it with selectable levels of detail but that was last Nov and since it wasn't very important to me, it's been flushed from the memory.

jeff.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You've got to take that manual into the Throne room Andy...it's all in there<LOL>....the lines can be removed too in the feature setup....I think they do it with selectable levels of detail but that was last Nov and since it wasn't very important to me, it's been flushed from the memory.

jeff.
:D I've read it from cover to cover but I skimmed some of it. I like the lines. I went to the Ford owner site and downloaded the PDF. It's much easier to read on the big screen as opposed to reading the book. :D

FisherPete

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I find the lines really helpful for lining up the trailer. The zoom-mode without the lines makes it harder to close in ... but there's still some approximation since the camera is at an angle to the objects viewed. I want a siren and flashing lights when I'm in the sweet spot to drop the receiver on top of the ball without having to move anything. ;)