rear window gas struts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lonestarjeff

Reaction score
Where did you find yours? I replaced mine a couple of years ago, Amazon. They work, but when it's cold that top 2 or 3 inches doesn't like to extend.

Kevin08

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Which brand has the soft stop, it opens quick but slows speed last couple inches or so? I had a car once that if this type wasn’t used, the spot welds on the trunk hinge could crack.
I found this out the hard way with cheap eBay struts.

OP
OP
R

Ramon Triton

Reaction score
Where did you find yours? I replaced mine a couple of years ago, Amazon. They work, but when it's cold that top 2 or 3 inches doesn't like to extend.

bought thru shopee, xiang shan brand, chicom for sure but all i could get here in the boonies (philippines).

OP
OP
R

Ramon Triton

Reaction score
Which brand has the soft stop, it opens quick but slows speed last couple inches or so? I had a car once that if this type wasn’t used, the spot welds on the trunk hinge could crack.
I found this out the hard way with cheap eBay struts.

soft stop, oooh now i know i got to be gentle with it now that you mentioned it.

this one snaps it open once it's past the half open angle.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
r98exp1