Rear Wiper replacement - driving me crazy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Flight-ER-Doc

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Good morning, everyone..

I bought a replacement rear wiper arm and blade for my 2015 4x4 Max. I cannot seem to get the old one off.

13mm socket removes the nut OK. Getting the old arm assy off the stud is a problem. Lots of penetrating oil, lots of wiggling (like 30 minutes or more), gentle prying with a screwdriver, small pry bar, etc. Not making a heck of a lot of progress...

Any suggestions? Thanks!

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wrap a little rag around it, soak it with WD-40, put tape around that to hold the WD in, let it sit overnight, wiggle and pull in the morning. This works with many other projects also.

outdare

Reaction score
I used a plastic interior pry bar. It worked well.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

iamthedavem

Reaction score
I have a 2016 and had a big problem finding the right wiper blade. When I had them look it up in the parts book at more than one parts store, they consistently came up with the wrong one or the entire arm. I was resigned to the possibility that I would buy and replace the entire arm. Then I researched and found the Ford part number I needed and I was able to get the right one. I bought Ford part number ww1614 from Amazon and that solved my problem with ease. There is a small push button near the end of the arm that releases the blade and the new one just slides in to replace it. I will buy the whole arm later if I think I have a problem with not enough spring pressure holding the blade tight against the window.

tesoroman

Reaction score
Measure the blade end to end, purchase at auto parts store and they will remove and replace it for free. If not, you’re shopping at the wrong one doc.