Rebuilt Motor still has P0011

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

badgurl1055

Reaction score
I purchased a used 2006 Expedition XLT Sport, the dealer had to rebuild the motor with new short block, heads, timing kit, high pressure pump and gasket set. Still hesitates when stepping on it to get going and have to back off to get to "catch" up ... using the OBD it states a 10 degree advance. The motor has 8,800 miles only and never been right.
However, recently .. it started missing with a high pitch slapping missing noise (not the usual just missing) .. I pulled over turned it off ... restarted and drove off fine .. couple days later it did it again ... it happens off and on and I just restart and get the hell home.
Recently I used my OBD thingy and it coded a P0011 .... so what is next ?

Last edited:

proftomda

Reaction score
Based on your write up and the diagnostic code, it seems the engine timing is off on bank 1 which is passenger side. Do you have a warranty? It appears the crankshaft / camshaft timing is off and may need to be be re done.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
r98exp1