Recall?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G

I have a 97 EB Expy and my radio was fried due to a bad design of the antenna. The antenna shaft has a threaded stud on the end that connects to the base. It scews into the base. Due to this design water enters from the base of the antenna and into the cable and then into the radio. I ran a test myself to see if this can happen. I pulled my antenna wire a few inches from my dash and placed a cup at the end of the fitting and then I poured water on the base of the antenna at the fender. Sure enough the water traveled inside the casing of the wire and then out of the fitting. I've talked to many Expy owners and also F-150, F-250, Excursion owners and they have these leaks also. I called the Ford company on this and they said they need more people to report these problems to warrant an investigation and that might lead to a recall. If you look at this design of the antenna your common sense will tell you that water entry would be a problem. the base of the antenna should have the threaded stud and the antenna shaft should screw onto the base.
Don't you think so????????:rockband:

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
expresspedition