2017 recall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bronze

Reaction score
Hi! Im Hernan and im new to this forum. I just want to ask you guys about the 2017 expedition motor blower recall. I had mine replaced and after they replaced it, the front air vents messed up. There is no air coming out from the front vents. Before I took the car to ford, it was still working great. I brought it back and they told me that the problem has nothing to do with the recall that was done earlier and the problem is due to the failed speed controller and connector. If I will have them fixed, it will cost me about $1000. Have you guys encountered such issues? Will this be possible from how the motor blower was replaced? It is just coincidence that it has issues after the motor blower was replaced? Please help this poor guy with no knowledge about car parts understand. Thank you so much.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi! Im Hernan and im new to this forum. I just want to ask you guys about the 2017 expedition motor blower recall. I had mine replaced and after they replaced it, the front air vents messed up. There is no air coming out from the front vents. Before I took the car to ford, it was still working great. I brought it back and they told me that the problem has nothing to do with the recall that was done earlier and the problem is due to the failed speed controller and connector. If I will have them fixed, it will cost me about $1000. Have you guys encountered such issues? Will this be possible from how the motor blower was replaced? It is just coincidence that it has issues after the motor blower was replaced? Please help this poor guy with no knowledge about car parts understand. Thank you so much.

The blower motor speed control and harness is very easy to replace.

Watch this video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=42Ae37Zx90E

Use only OEM Motorcraft parts: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2019/MC-10163573-0001.pdf

Kade

Reaction score
I had found on my 2017 EL that the speed controller harness connector was getting extremely hot. As of a poor connection. Found the pigtail on Amazon, word it myself in about 20 minutes and have not had a problem since

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire