Remote alarm and CD changer don't work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

White Knight

Reaction score
Just picked up a '97 XLT today. Two things don't work at all. The factory remote door opener/alarm, and the CD changer. Could it be just a fuse? If yes, where's the one for the alarm? Thanks for any help in advance, guys!

monsta

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How 'bout the battery inside the fob?Is it good? If so, maybe they don't go to your truck and yours are still at the dealer? Did you get it from a dealer?

What's wrong with the CD changer?

OP
OP
W

White Knight

Reaction score
Originally posted by monsta
How 'bout the battery inside the fob?Is it good? If so, maybe they don't go to your truck and yours are still at the dealer? Did you get it from a dealer?

What's wrong with the CD changer?

The owner I bought it from said he changed the button batteries in the remote, but still nothing. He said it used to work, then it just stopped. Neither unlock, lock, or panic work. Any ideas?

As for what's wrong with the CD, I dunno. The radio and tape player work, but the guy said the CD changer doesn't work. I didn't try it, so I'll get back to you.

I bought it used, from a private person.

OP
OP
W

White Knight

Reaction score
Just found out the problem with the CD changer. I put a CD in to test it, and it doesn't read it. I mean, it spins and everything, but after about 10 seconds it'll go to the next and finally it'll say "No CD". Could it be dirty?

As for my remote entry problem, I found out that it can be programed by turning the key quickly from position 3 to 4. Problem is, nothing happens when I do this (with the locks). :(