Removing the Grill?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JP Dye

Reaction score
I own a new 2018 Limited. Before buying I knew I wanted to reduce the amount of chrome on the front grille.
I did not know you had to remove the bumper cover first. At least that's what I have read. Anyone tried this?
My forum search showed no results. Thanks

Last edited:

Hectorsvt

Reaction score
I'm in the same position... been wanting to take it off to have it wrapped and dont want to take it to the dealership and get a overpriced quote to just take it off and put it back on

OP
OP
J

JP Dye

Reaction score
I should mention, if I did not, mine is a Black Limited.
I hope to attempt it as soon as I have 3-4 days. Ha, its gonna be a week minimum with painting.
I am going to have the front end Photoshopped into layers so I can play with combinations. To me the chrome "c"s in the headlights just don't say "Ford". As a test I tried using satin black 2" 3m 1080 tape to just black out the "c" as they intersected the headlights, and leaving the rest of the chrome and that did not look right. I am currently blacking out most of the chrome elsewhere. I have had only Expeditions since 1999 and for me the new ones have a little too much Chrome.

First day and my daughter's first comment, "kinda looks like an Escalade". :emotions122:

WJD_xlt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
subscribed for info; i also want to black out all the chrome on our rig.

Drew47000000

Reaction score
Did anyone ever figure out how to remove and replace the grill? I want to install a platinum grill but dont want to experiment without instructions. Any one have access to Ford Service manuals?
Thanks!