Replace captains chairs with bench

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alexwasserman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have an 03' EB with captains chairs in the middle row. The problem is, we're having another child, and I need an extra seat.

How easy is it to replace the chairs with a third row? Is it just a matter of unbolting the chairs and bolting the bench in? Do they use the same bolts, etc?

Thanks,

Alex

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You'd get a second row from another Expy since the second row is three separate seats, as opposed to the third row's 2-1 bench.

From what I understand, it's just unbolting the bolts and sensors and swapping the seats. I'll check the manual later.

OP
OP
A

alexwasserman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So, could I just slot in a middle seat? Or do I need to replace the 2 chairs I have now with three normal chairs?

Cazper

Reaction score
I have an 06 with the full 2nd row seating and used to have an 02 with captains chairs. The captains chairs have armrests which the full 2nd row seating does not... I'm fairly certain you couldn't just install the middle seat... although I could be wrong.

OP
OP
A

alexwasserman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ryan, yes, there are arm rests.

That's what I feared, so i have to find a whole new middle row and replace the chairs completely.

Not sure what sensors are in there.

My main concern is that the bolt patterns match and fit, etc without having to tear up the carpeting too much.

WHOISMOOTOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I know this is like a few weeks old but im playing catch up, try replacing just the back rest and putting in just a middle seat, im sure under the carpet there are plates if not holes where you would mount the seat. The middle seat doesn't fold up or anything cool, another possibility is try to swap someone captains chairs for a bench? I would have in a heartbeat but i went crazy on my system.

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you might be able to just take off the arm rests and add the middle seat.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiscoford