Replace Roof Antenna

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brett1210

Reaction score
Does anyone have any tips for removing the roof antenna on a 4th gen Expedition? I need to replace mine and have not found any sort of guide after doing a search on the forum. Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
B

brett1210

Reaction score
The paint has completely peeled off the front and sides. My Expedition is white so it’s a pretty big eyesore right now. I’m planning on buying a used one from eBay and just replacing it. They are about $150 from the junkyard.

duneslider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just thinking outside the box here but wouldn't it be easier/cheaper to just get some paint that matches fairly close and paint it? I can imagine a can of white touch up paint from the autoparts store costing more than 10-12 bucks and would last you for a handful of touch ups. Mask it off spray it an be done. Just a thought.

OP
OP
B

brett1210

Reaction score
Not a bad thought. If I can’t find any info on how to remove it then I may go that route. I was thinking if it was going to be an easy job without much risk of breaking anything then I would just go for it, but I don’t want to start removing trim pieces blindly and end up breaking plastic clips.

Dahammer

Reaction score
Have you checked your Ford service department to see if it's covered under warranty?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PalosX