Replace Roof Antenna

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brett1210

Reaction score
Does anyone have any tips for removing the roof antenna on a 4th gen Expedition? I need to replace mine and have not found any sort of guide after doing a search on the forum. Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
B

brett1210

Reaction score
The paint has completely peeled off the front and sides. My Expedition is white so it’s a pretty big eyesore right now. I’m planning on buying a used one from eBay and just replacing it. They are about $150 from the junkyard.

duneslider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just thinking outside the box here but wouldn't it be easier/cheaper to just get some paint that matches fairly close and paint it? I can imagine a can of white touch up paint from the autoparts store costing more than 10-12 bucks and would last you for a handful of touch ups. Mask it off spray it an be done. Just a thought.

OP
OP
B

brett1210

Reaction score
Not a bad thought. If I can’t find any info on how to remove it then I may go that route. I was thinking if it was going to be an easy job without much risk of breaking anything then I would just go for it, but I don’t want to start removing trim pieces blindly and end up breaking plastic clips.

Dahammer

Reaction score
Have you checked your Ford service department to see if it's covered under warranty?