Replace subwoofer in 97 Mach

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kyle_in_rure

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi all,

I need to replace the factory subwoofer in my 97 Expy. It has the Mach audio system with the factory amp and subwoofer setup. I've been searching online and people tend to suggest it's a difficult process. has anyone done this that can describe the process?

Also, any recommendations on an aftermarket sub that will fit in the hole? I don't need anything fancy, just one that isn't blown out like my current one....

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mediamonkey11

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Any aftermarket 8" 4ohm sub will work as long as it's relatively low power handling due to the fact that the factory amp only puts out something like 35w rms iirc. The whole side panel has to come off and both rear passenger seat let's have to be disconnected. Really not too bad if you're decent at diy car work but it's a couple hour job

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
someone on here got the factory amp to put out 100w to the sub and says it sounds pretty good...not sure if the passenger seat will need to come out but the 3rd row definitely will

Mediamonkey11

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Oops! Didn't mean the seats, the seat belts...

Reaction score
When I pulled out my Mach amp and sub I just left the 2nd row seat belt alone and was able to swing the cover out enough to easily remove the sub box and amp. I don't have a third row though.

spsfrank98

Reaction score
Does anyone have a guess on the cubic foot of the sub enclosure. I was thinking of putting a 10" sub in if there is enough cubic feet

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M Bennett