Replaced Central Junction Fuse Box - cranks but won't start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

razrback

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Replaced Central Fuse Box - cranks but won't start

Mine is an early 2003, so I have the correct CJB.

Is there any programming required after the swap out?

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How do you know you have the correct fuse box.

Did you replace it with the same part number

Is the replacement a new or used fuse box

OP
OP
R

razrback

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well I took your advice from last week to make sure to get the correct one. I entered my VIN with the order and I called them to make sure they sent the correct one, mine is an early 2003.

I also found this from Ford TSB - REPLACE THE CJB WITH SERVICE PART NUMBER 3L1Z-14A068-AA (VEHICLES BUILT ON OR BEFORE 02/03/2003) OR 3L7Z-14A068-AB (VEHICLES BUILT AFTER 02/03/2003)

Now, my old part number is different - 2L1T-14A057-AN, but I don't have any luck finding any of those.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Somehow I feel you have the wrong fuse box.

Have you check to see if your getting power to the fuel pump?

Where did you order the fuse box from

OP
OP
R

razrback

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I haven't checked fuel pump yet. Part came from TASCA.

At this point it may not matter. I replaced the CJB trying to fix my problem of the car not turning fully or partially off when I turn off the key.

Even with then new fuse box, the accessory mode is still hot, with no key.

I don't know where to turn at this point. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sorry for the delay I had to refresh my mind and I went back and re-read your previous thread about the expy not shutting off.

At this point I would suggest that you put the original fuse box back in the expy As it was never determined that the fuse box was causing the problem.

You stated in that thread that you " read about others having weird electrical issues with their expeditions on the F150 forum and their fix was a new fuse box. The first time it happened back in Oct, a mechanic friend mentioned that was probably my issue."

And being you replaced the fuse box based on the above statement Lets go back to the original problem and forget about going to other forums and reading things and taking friends suggestions.

At least it was running with the other fuse box so lets get it back to where we were and then trouble shoot the problem with it not shutting off

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
After you re-install the original fuse box and the engine is able to start and run Shut it down and if it continues to run PULL FUSE #1
Let me know the results

Status
Not open for further replies.