Replaced Tires.. Game changer..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Southbay

Reaction score
Went from shit old Toyo open country's that couldn't be balanced anymore and the ride on my 13 Ex. EL Lim. was horrible to Michelin Defender LTX.. Wow what a difference. This my first set of Michelins in my lifetime...Because I always went for a mid grade tire...Whats your take on Michelins..?? Are they worth the extra $$..?

coupe11

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I used to buy Michelins. I guess I didn't drive enough miles as they got replaced for dry rot/cracking of the sidewalls long before the tread was worn down.

Never had other issues with them, the sidewalls just didn't last as long as the tread.

Yeah, 6 or 7 years of use, tread never worn out.

Aspen03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We have them on our navigator, the ride excellent and are very quiet. I'm sure the tread will outlast the tire for my wife as well, we've put barely 3k on it since purchasing in the spring.

tojohnso

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I only buy Michelin's for my vehicles. Seem to have best traction in wet conditions and overall ride. When buying a vehicle without Michelin's on them, I tend to change early to get the ride back. You'll love them too.

Shantheman73

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Went from a lifetime of Generals, Good Years and Coopers to a new pair of Michelin LTX takeoffs from CraigsList. I will never buy any other tire. The Michelins are that good.

Another thumbs up for Michelin. Never had a tire brand as good as they are.
Side note...the Bridgestones I currently have on my Expy are apparently made by Michelin. I’ve been very pleased with them as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bloodhound

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Went from shit old Toyo open country's that couldn't be balanced anymore and the ride on my 13 Ex. EL Lim. was horrible to Michelin Defender LTX.. Wow what a difference. This my first set of Michelins in my lifetime...Because I always went for a mid grade tire...Whats your take on Michelins..?? Are they worth the extra $$..?

Love the Michelins. I have the LTX M/S 2 on the Expedition, and the LTX Defender on my 1981 Chevy pickup. They are very much worth it. I actually have about 60,000 on the Expedition tires and they still have a fair amount left.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I find the Michelins to be good for dry and rain. Their snow performance is pretty poor imho - markedly worse than the Pirelli Scorpion STRs I had previously. However, the Scorpions were toast in ~35K miles and Michelins gave me over 60K. The Michelins have better ride quality. I'm actually due for tires right now and my plan is to stick with the Michelins. If it snowed more than a couple times per year here I would go with something else.