Replacing Dome Light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jtrindle

Reaction score
Well, we now have a (very) used 2003 Expedition 4.6L XLT with many electrical issues. My very first act was to try to remove the dome light builb since it is not turning off (seems related to the DOOR IS AJAR warning) and draining the battery.

In any case, I pried down the fixture instead of just the cover. I have been unable to figure out how to get it mounted again. Any suggestions?

Thank you for any assistance/hints!

...John Trindle

OP
OP
J

jtrindle

Reaction score
I haven't quite tracked down which door is or are the issue. My mystery at the moment is how to put the dome light fixtue back in the ceiling, as it is hanging by wires after my botched attempt to remove just the cover.

Thanks for responding! ...John

OP
OP
J

jtrindle

Reaction score
I figured it out! I put the backing plate and below-headliner plate together first, then used a spudger that came with a different part to persuade the headliner into the gap between. It took patience but eventually fit, and then I was able to snap on the dome light cover.