Replacing Emblems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

Ted Kramer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have these on my explorer. Looking for something a bit more special for the Exdn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have these on my explorer. Looking for something a bit more special for the Exdn.

Yeah well with them being 9” wide and right in the middle, they are going to get hit with rocks, and bugs, and road grime, and discolor which is why I’m ok with just the amazon brand. I’d hate to pay $300 for a set, put them on, hop on my country backroads and get rocks kicked up on the grill from the trucks running from the rock quarry. $300 will get you half a tuner, half a set of DPs or 1/3 the cost of an upgraded intercooler. I’d rather spend the money on go fast parts lol

OP
OP
T

Ted Kramer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have had a set from eBay on two explorers for theee years. Still look mint.

OP
OP
T

Ted Kramer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think it’s just the typical crappy amazon quality lol

Question, what do people do about the silver square washer cover on the bottom right of the camera when you paint the logo. What do you do about that square to make it blend in

Dillon Cawthon

Reaction score
Question, what do people do about the silver square washer cover on the bottom right of the camera when you paint the logo. What do you do about that square to make it blend in

Paint it the same as its surrounding piece.

Bow512

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You will have to pull it out when switching emblems anyways.

Dillon Cawthon

Reaction score
I guess I'll have to try and paint it with a brush. I'm having the logos made and I'm not going to pull the washer out to have it painted. Maybe a local body shop can do for me? I'll figure it out.
Oh I wasn't following at first.

So you're getting that Ebay seller to paint you some emblems? They don't include the cover for the washer with it?

I always just assumed they would since it all comes with the emblem when they buy it to paint it.

OP
OP
T

Ted Kramer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Oh I wasn't following at first.

So you're getting that Ebay seller to paint you some emblems? They don't include the cover for the washer with it?

I always just assumed they would since it all comes with the emblem when they buy it to paint it.
You're correct. I reached out to vendor, and while not listed, they provide a painted washer cover to match the logo, so I just have to pop it off and swap it. Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PaulMedik