Does the rear ford emblem just pull off?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dillon Cawthon

Reaction score
I took my front off earlier and prepped it for paint.

Just want a quick confirmation before I go pulling on the rear. Is it just double sided taped on or do you have to access something from the inside of the hatch?

OP
OP
D

Dillon Cawthon

Reaction score
Ha well just incase anyone was wondering here's how the front and the rear emblems come off.

The front is held on by a few tabs and three 10mm nuts that thread onto the plastic posts on the back of the emblem.

To remove it I took the radiator cover off (like 10 push pins) then rigged up a 10mm ratchet with a couple extensions to reach the nuts. It's a very tight fit to get your hand down past the radiator, but I did it. Once the nuts are removed you can just pull the emblem off.

For the rear emblem I just used two felt covered squeegees and some patience. It's held on by two clips and double sided tape so just steady pressure gets it off eventually.

Now they're all disassembled to get painted.

Bow512

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don’t know which Expy you have but mine has the camera up front and I can’t figure out how you got to the back of the emblem. With the grille shutters and all I don’t know how you figured out where the nuts were in the first place. Did you take any pictures or have any pointers?

I have the paint drying on the rear one now but I gave up on the front one for the time being.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Dillon Cawthon

Reaction score
I don’t know which Expy you have but mine has the camera up front and I can’t figure out how you got to the back of the emblem. With the grille shutters and all I don’t know how you figured out where the nuts were in the first place. Did you take any pictures or have any pointers?

I have the paint drying on the rear one now but I gave up on the front one for the time being.

Mine has the camera too, it's a platinum, but I don't think that matters.

After i took the radiator cover thing off I managed to squeeze my hand in front of this radiator just to like my wrist.

At just the right angle with a light through the area where the hood latch is you can see the three studs for the 10mm nuts on the back of the emblem.

I used a small ratchet with about 8 inches of extensions to get to the nuts.

It wasn't too hard after I figured it out and my hands are pretty fat lol so I think most people should be able to do it. 20190912_201018.jpg

Ted Kramer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Can’t tell. What color did you paint them. I just ordered a 2020 and planning on swapping emblems for black ones. I have a guy on EBay I’ve bought from before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bow512

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's Black. If you're going to the trouble to take them off yourself you might as well paint them too. Painting is the easy part. Getting them off was the toughest part. Also that front one is 1 big piece (the whole chrome surround comes off and looks to be a $350 part from Ford)

Here is the front one with the blue section removed and the rear one after I removed and cleaned it prior to taking it apart for paint.

IMG_2925.JPG

IMG_2926.JPG

IMG_2927.JPG

Ted Kramer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For the front one, can you show a pic of the blue part that you took out of the front emblem? Also, what's the hole on the right of the camera hole; is that for the washer??